The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Zimbabwe is excited to issue this call for scholarship applications to invite a new group of spirited young academics to join our scholarship and alumni program and network.
The Scholarship Program is aimed at students enrolled at a Zimbabwean University in the fields of Law, Media/Journalism, Public Management, Political Science, International Relations, Conflict Studies, Peace Building, Ethics and History – always looking at their chosen subject also from a political lens.
Scholarship applicants should:
- be at least in their second year of bachelor studies,
- prove above average academic performance,
- be actively engaged in voluntary work,
- possess a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues,
- have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights,
- be open to develop their personal points of view and practice tolerance,
- be highly motivated and able to convince us of their goals in life
- The scholarship program includes full tuition and examination fees for one year of study which can be renewed based on the academic performance and participation in scholarship activities.
- Further it covers accommodation costs on-campus or a contribution to off-campus accommodation and a semester stipend for internet, books and transportation costs.
- Furthermore, you will be part of the KAS Scholarship Alumni Network and be invited to closely follow and wherever possible join the activities of the foundation in country and internationally.
How to apply
To apply please send the following application package in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of 21 July 2023. The package has to include:
- Filled-out application (see link on the right)
- An article on any aspect/challenge in your field of study that urgently needs the attention of policy makers including possible solution approaches (max. 1 page)
- A meaningful CV in tabular form including details about your previous voluntary work or social commitment (max. 2 pages)
- Copy of your latest transcript
- An informal academic or employment/volunteer letter of recommendation (this can be a copy of an Email from an official university/organizational Email-account). This letter should provide information about your qualifications and potential.
Note: Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for an interview.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: 21 July 2023